• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Join our Discord
  • PvP needs a revamp

Tec_tec

Tec_Tec
    Tec_Tec
    Me and many other players on survival / skyblock have realised that now that 1.9 pvp is in place and every axe ce was deleted, its impossible to kill someone with prot 6-8.

My suggestions are:

- Bring back bleed, Berserk, blessed, confusion and insanity,
    They would require some nerfs as they were understandably OP. I personally liked Bleed the way it was, as it made for very fast and intense PvP fights, that could end with bad god apple management, however it being nerfed wouldn't be that bad of an idea when it comes double teaming, killing Norse players as easily as normal armoured players, etc.

- Bring back 1.8 pvp.
    Hit registration is really bad on the server and 1.8 PvP stops that from being a serious issue as you get more hits on people. NOTE: I know King_Dazza already mentioned how 1.8 PvP is an old feature and is laggy, however I do believe that at least removing or at least making the cooldown on all weapons a lot lower by using a plugin could work. I also believe most players would prefer having the server only span to 1.16 and have 1.8 combat (like last season), or even be 1.8 exclusive.

- Buff current sword ces.
    It would make it a lot easier to kill people in legacies if you had the right items. I just don't think its fair for non-paying players to be at such a disadvantage that if someone has protection 6+. I tested protection 7 with my friend, and without being on full hunger, it took ~5 hits with a netherite sharpness 5 axe to deal 1HP to him. With a normal golden apple he was practically invincible.

- Or possibly all of the above.
    It could be fun to have S5 type PVP fights, but with some people preferring swords over axes, and vice versa

- Something else.

Maybe there's a different way to make PvP more thrilling (And if you have any ideas you should post them in the replies), however one thing is for sure, it does need a change.

- Conclusion.
    I think that PvP got completely ruined in this season, and being a major factor for some of the S5 players who liked playing competitively quit / don't log on as often. In my opinion, the staff should hold a vote with the players on whether to 1. bring back 1.8 PvP | 2. bring back axe ces but nerf them | 3. Buff current sword ces | 4. All of the above | 5. Other ideas | 6. Keep it as it is.

Last edited:

Lloyd

Staff member
    Helper
    Kyojurou_Rengoku
    Kyojurou_Rengoku
    I'd like to add, in S2 of skyblock the pvp community was brilliant and was what kept me going through lockdoon/summer, this sort of died of due to the removal of the Helheim pvp arena (which was brilliant, although now with the name Minefun maybe a non-norse themed pvp arena could be due) and additionally due to the removal of the KoTH event (which imo made building pvp sets worth it as you could generally get rewarded for efforts put into pvp)

Tec_tec

Tec_Tec
    Tec_Tec
    I'd like to add, in S2 of skyblock the pvp community was brilliant and was what kept me going through lockdoon/summer, this sort of died of due to the removal of the Helheim pvp arena (which was brilliant, although now with the name Minefun maybe a non-norse themed pvp arena could be due) and additionally due to the removal of the KoTH event (which imo made building pvp sets worth it as you could generally get rewarded for efforts put into pvp)
    This really sounds fun, even if pvp doesn't get revamped, a big pvp arena could really do us a solid

Tec_tec

Tec_Tec
    Tec_Tec
    Just to add, I heard Dazza said that 1.8 PvP is too unstable on 1.17, but from the people i talked to (vip+ and above) everyone said they'd prefer 1.8 pvp with 1.16 blocks as the 1.17 features aren't being utilised on the server.

killua

Lawse
    Lawse
    it’s
    Me and many other players on survival / skyblock have realised that now that 1.9 pvp is in place and every axe ce was deleted, its impossible to kill someone with prot 6-8.

My suggestions are:

- Bring back bleed, Berserk, blessed, confusion and insanity,
    They would require some nerfs as they were understandably OP. I personally liked Bleed the way it was, as it made for very fast and intense PvP fights, that could end with bad god apple management, however it being nerfed wouldn't be that bad of an idea when it comes double teaming, killing Norse players as easily as normal armoured players, etc.

- Bring back 1.8 pvp.
    Hit registration is really bad on the server and 1.8 PvP stops that from being a serious issue as you get more hits on people. NOTE: I know King_Dazza already mentioned how 1.8 PvP is an old feature and is laggy, however I do believe that at least removing or at least making the cooldown on all weapons a lot lower by using a plugin could work. I also believe most players would prefer having the server only span to 1.16 and have 1.8 combat (like last season), or even be 1.8 exclusive.

- Buff current sword ces.
    It would make it a lot easier to kill people in legacies if you had the right items. I just don't think its fair for non-paying players to be at such a disadvantage that if someone has protection 6+. I tested protection 7 with my friend, and without being on full hunger, it took ~5 hits with a netherite sharpness 5 axe to deal 1HP to him. With a normal golden apple he was practically invincible.

- Or possibly all of the above.
    It could be fun to have S5 type PVP fights, but with some people preferring swords over axes, and vice versa

- Something else.

Maybe there's a different way to make PvP more thrilling (And if you have any ideas you should post them in the replies), however one thing is for sure, it does need a change.

- Conclusion.
    I think that PvP got completely ruined in this season, and being a major factor for some of the S5 players who liked playing competitively quit / don't log on as often. In my opinion, the staff should hold a vote with the players on whether to 1. bring back 1.8 PvP | 2. bring back axe ces but nerf them | 3. Buff current sword ces | 4. All of the above | 5. Other ideas | 6. Keep it as it is.
    not impossible to kill someone in prot 6/7/8 just break their armour and grind axe mctop

RuinIt

RuinIt
    RuinIt
    I have to agree with the idea of bringing the combat CEs back for both axes and swords. As PvP currently stands the victor is going to be the person with more armor sets/gapples as it is nearly impossible to kill somebody while they still have either. But, I do have to disagree with bringing back 1.8 pvp. Like Dazza said, 1.8 pvp is outdated and lots of plugins either are ending support, or no longer supporting 1.8 pvp.